Schools in Punjab to reopen tomorrow after winter break
LAHORE – All educational institutions in the country’s largest province Punjab will reopen on January 7 (Friday).
Reports in local media said the Punjab government has decided against extending winter vacations in public and private educational institutions in the province.
Punjab Education Minister Murad Raas in a recent post on Twitter said ‘all schools of Punjab that had winter vacation till January 6th, 2022 will open tomorrow January 7th, 2022’.
ANNOUNCEMENT— Murad Raas (@DrMuradPTI) January 6, 2022
All schools of Punjab that had winter vacation till January 6th, 2022 will open tomorrow January 7th, 2022. We welcome our students and teachers back to school. Please follow COVID SOPs issued by the government.
Raas also welcomed students and teachers back to school however he urged students and staff to follow SOPs issued by the government in wake of the recent surge of Covid-19.
On December 21, the Punjab government had notified a revised winter vacation schedule, with separate dates for the various districts of the province that are not witnessing particularly high levels of smog.
The notification by the School Education Department cited that all public and private educational institutions in Kasur, Sialkot, Narowal, Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Gujrat, Gujranwala, Pakpattan, Sheikhupura, Okara, Vehari, Khanewal, Lahore, Khushab, Hafizabad, Multan, Lodhran, Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar, Sargodha, Mandi Bahauddin, Sialkot, Nankana Sahib and Jhang were to observe holidays from December 23 to January 6.
NCOC decides to shift schools’ winter vacations ... 10:53 AM | 15 Dec, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The National Command and Operations Centre reportedly decided to reschedule the winter vacations in ...
Meanwhile, schools, and colleges in Jhelum, Mianwali, Attock, Muzaffargarh, Chakwal, Bhakkar, Rawalpindi, Rajanpur, Layyah, Rahim Yar Khan, Dera Ghazi Khan, and Chiniot will observe winter vacations from January 3-13 and in the meanwhile will continue the ongoing vaccination drive in schools.
NCOC Chief breaks silence over lockdown rumours ... 11:32 AM | 6 Jan, 2022
ISLAMABAD – National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) Chief Asad Umar on Wednesday dismissed the rumors of ...
- Dominant Pakistan rout host Indonesia 13-0 at Asia Hockey Cup10:44 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Pakistani beauty mogul Shiza teams up with Selena Gomez for cookware ...10:17 PM | 24 May, 2022
- No monkeypox case detected in Pakistan, says top health body09:54 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Srha Asghar and Rabya Kulsoom's dance video goes viral06:18 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Humayun Saeed updates fans about upcoming series based on Salahuddin ...07:00 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic’s new bold photos set internet on fire04:40 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022