Aitzaz holds PM Nawaz responsible for diplomatic isolation
Addressing a joint session of parliament here on Thursday, the legislator slammed the government for its inefficiency over tackling foreign affairs.
Aitzaz expressed his concerns over the disclosure of important details regarding the All Parties Conference by a senior PML-N member Muhammad Zubair during a television talkshow.
The renowned lawyer maintained that as Nawaz Sharif was hoolding the additional portfolio of Foreign Minister so he should be held responsible for the diplomatic isolation of Pakistan.
"It used to be that India was alone but now Pakistan is isolated, If this is not a failure of our foreign ministry, then what is it?" he asked.
"Nawaz Sharif did not anticipate the Uri attack. Our defence minister said that perhaps India did it themselves to divert attention away from Kashmir. I agree it is possible, but then why is it Pakistan, who is isolated now? It is because you have given freedom to non-state actors." Aitzaz added.
The law-maker took aim at the PML-N government for focussing on the "Punjab" section of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
"The impression that CPEC is the China Punjab Economic Corridor is not acceptable to us. The $46 billion CPEC investment is not more important than national unity," he said.
He concluded his speech by saying that there would be no war between India and Pakistan although media wanted to initiate the war beween the arch-rivals.
Responding to the allegations hurled by PPP senator, PML-N Senator Mushahid Ullah Khan retaliated sparking ruckus in the house.
He did not name anyone but lamented the individuals responsible for providing secret list of Sikh leaders to India during Benazir Bhutto stint.
Although the session was called for deliberations over Kashmir issue but Panama leaks and personal score settling reverbrated in the house.
- Emirates announces first annual loss in 30 years11:59 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petroleum prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021