BREAKING NEWS: 22 airports in India warned of possible terror attacks
The warning has been specifically sent to border states including Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujara. Capital Delhi has also been marked for careful vigil.
The Civil Aviation Security Bureau has also written to the police chiefs in each state, the CISF or paramilitary force which guards airports, as well as to state-run and private airlines alerting them to the security threat.
As per details by NDTV, While baggage will be subjected to more random and detailed checks, parking lots as well as loading areas used by airport vehicles will be more carefully monitored.
"Agencies are concerned about a terror attack in retaliation for last week's surgical strikes in Pakistani Kashmir which saw soldiers targeting seven terrorist launch pads or gathering areas," NDTV reported.
Earlier, Indian National Security Advisor Ajit Doval briefed Prime Minister Narendra Modi on security at the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir. Intelligence agencies have warned of nearly 100 "terrorists" being prepped to cross the de-facto border before winter sets in and the routes into Kashmir are covered with snow.
- KP, Sindh governors call on PM Imran10:20 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Why is ‘Imran Khan’ riding a rickshaw in Sialkot? (VIDEO)09:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Smart lockdown in several areas of Gujranwala, Lahore including DHA, ...09:03 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Nora Fatehi 'had fun last night' with Turkish chef Burak in Dubai ...07:29 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021