A Regal Decision: SHAHI announces total removal of Betel Nut from its Supari products
This step comes as a result of an expensive and lengthy legal battle surrounding the health concerns, legal import, and sale of Gutka and Chalia , [crushed betel nut-based], in the South Asian country.
“Even when you win in most cases you end up losing a lot. It is this weapon that the minions of government use to make citizens surrender to graft,” says the Karachi-based company, which is famous for its mouth fresheners and snacks.
With gratitude to all its customers, who have enjoyed its products for decades, the company has removed Supari from our products; hence for the time being until import of legal Supari is made practical in Pakistan .
SHAHI , which started its operations in 1973, has also appealed to its loyal patrons, and all those who have been enjoying the unique taste for decades and all Pakistanis who consume the betel nuts in any form, to “please give up eating Chalia until it is imported legally.”
According to a rough estimate, Rs150 billion worth of Chalia was smuggled into the country during the previous government, bringing a loss of Rs44 billion to the national revenue.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019