Former army chief Raheel Sharif visits Major Shabbir Sharif's grave
The former army chief and family of the martyred offered Fateha and laid a floral wreath on the grave of the brave officer who was regarded as the Superman of the Pakistan Army.
He is the only person ever who received both the Nishan-e-Haider and Sitara-e-Jurat for his bravery. Major Shabbir Sharif sacrificed his life in the war of 1971 while fighting Indian forces.
His younger brother, General Raheel Sharif, became Chief of the Pakistan Army in 2013 and led a relatively successful military campaign against terrorists.
The nation along with the country’s armed forces is observing Defence Day today with a renewed pledge to continue safeguarding the geographical, ideological boundaries and territorial integrity of the motherland.
Army commanders and common people visit the graves of the martyrs to pay homage to the martyred soldiers who sacrificed their lives defending their fatherland.
- Pakistani athlete Najma Parveen finishes last in Tokyo Olympics11:38 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021