CM Buzdar requests LHC to form judicial commission over Salahuddin's death
Chief Minister's spokesperson, Dr Shahbaz Gill said Usman Buzdar had requested the LHC to constitute a judicial commission to judicially probe the tragic incident of Salahuddin Ayubi.
وزیر اعلیٰ پنجاب نے رحیم یار خان میں پولیس حراست میں مبینہ طور پر جاں بحق ہونے والے صلاح الدین کے افسوسناک واقعہ کی عدالتی تحقیقات کے لئے عدالتی کمیشن مقرر کرنے کے لئے چیف جسٹس لاہور ہائی کورٹ کو خط لکھا ہے۔— Dr. Shahbaz GiLL (@SHABAZGIL) September 5, 2019
Salahuddin Ayubi was arrested a few days ago after a video of him captured inside an ATM booth went viral on social media.
A day after the arrest, the suspect died while in custody of the Punjab police, stirring outrage on social media about the need for police reforms; Ayubi's family claimed that he died from custodial torture.
Separately, Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar has also ordered for expediting the enforcement of police reforms in the province.
In a statement issued on Thursday, he said that on the directives of Prime Minister, the Police structure would be revamped and upgraded on modern lines. RPO Bahawalpur was tasked to conduct an inquiry into the death. FIR had already been lodged against SHO Mehmoodul Hassan, Investigation officers Sub-Inspector Shafaat Ali and Assistant Sub-Inspector Matloob Hussain.
FIR was registered under Sections 302 and 34 of the Pakistan Penal Code. Following the incident, the DSP and all three policemen had already been suspended.
The government was using modern technology to take innovative steps to change 'Thana culture', it further said.
With the help of cameras, police barracks and investigation process was being monitored in police stations.
Rules were also being amended regarding release on parole which would benefit over 5000 prisoners.
Punjab government has also made the case registration process much easier.
- Emirates, Etihad extend ban on travelers from COVID-hit countries ...10:02 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan reports 76 deaths, over 4,000 new COVID infections amid ...09:35 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 July 202108:46 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Welsh slate is now on list of Unesco World Heritage Sites12:56 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Nora Fatehi’s belly dance moves in ‘Zaalima Coca Cola’ set ...04:04 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Mehrooz Waseem hits back, accuses Usman Mukhtar of harassment03:48 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali's colourful birthday celebrations go viral03:34 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021