Pakistan summons Indian envoy over LoC violations
ISLAMABAD – A senior Indian diplomat was summoned to the Foreign Office on Sunday to register Pakistan's strong protest over ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces along the Line of Control yesterday, resulting in serious injuries to one innocent civilian.
In a statement, Foreign Office Spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri said due to indiscriminate and unprovoked firing by the Indian occupation forces in Rakhchikri Sector of the LoC, 19 year old boy, resident of Village Kirni, sustained serious injuries.
He said the Indian occupation forces along the LoC and the Working Boundary have been continuously targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-caliber mortars and automatic weapons.
This year, India has committed 2158 ceasefire violations to date, resulting in 17 killing and serious injuries to 168 innocent civilians.
India issues around 12,44000 domicile ... 01:53 PM | 6 Sep, 2020
SRINAGAR - In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK), Indian authorities have issued about 12.44 lakh ...
Condemning the deplorable targeting of innocent civilians by the Indian occupation forces, it was underscored that such senseless acts are in clear violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding, and are also against all established humanitarian norms and professional military conduct.
The Spokesperson said these egregious violations of international law reflect consistent Indian attempts to escalate the situation along the LoC and are a threat to regional peace and security.
He added that by raising tensions along the LoC and the WB, India cannot divert attention from the grave human rights situation in the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
The Indian side was called upon to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding, investigate this and other such incidents of deliberate ceasefire violations and maintain peace along the LoC and the WB.
The Indian side was also urged to allow the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan to play its mandated role as per the United Nations Security Council Resolutions.
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Strict SOPs issued for Ashura processions, majalis amid COVID ...03:25 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- PCB allows Umar Akmal to resume club cricket from next month02:59 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Anu Malik faces massive backlash for copying Israel’s national ...02:35 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah flaunts her killer dance moves in new viral video02:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Ayeza Khan's new dance video breaks the internet01:44 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021