Blackbuck case: Salman Khan freed on bail after spending two nights in jail
The 52-year-old actor was given a sentence of 5 years in ajil for killing two blackbucks 20 years ago in Kankani village, near Jodhpur in Rajasthan. The incident took place while shooting for "Hum Saath Saath Hain".
Salman Khan's costars Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam Kothari and Sonal Bendre were acquitted of charges.
In the hearing held today, the prosecution questioned the credibility of the witnesses and showed lack of confidence on the post mortem report of the blackbucks that were said to have been killed by gunshot wounds.
Salman Khan's lawyers said that only the bones of the animals were sent for evaluation when their skins, as crucial, weren't.
In an interview in 2009 with NDTV, Salman Khan had said that he had "saved the deer": "We saw a fawn caught in a bush. He was petrified. I took him out of there, gave him some water. The whole herd was there. (The fawn) ate a few biscuits and went away."
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021