Blackbuck case: Salman Khan freed on bail after spending two nights in jail
The 52-year-old actor was given a sentence of 5 years in ajil for killing two blackbucks 20 years ago in Kankani village, near Jodhpur in Rajasthan. The incident took place while shooting for "Hum Saath Saath Hain".
Salman Khan's costars Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam Kothari and Sonal Bendre were acquitted of charges.
In the hearing held today, the prosecution questioned the credibility of the witnesses and showed lack of confidence on the post mortem report of the blackbucks that were said to have been killed by gunshot wounds.
Salman Khan's lawyers said that only the bones of the animals were sent for evaluation when their skins, as crucial, weren't.
In an interview in 2009 with NDTV, Salman Khan had said that he had "saved the deer": "We saw a fawn caught in a bush. He was petrified. I took him out of there, gave him some water. The whole herd was there. (The fawn) ate a few biscuits and went away."
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022