Blackbuck case: Salman Khan freed on bail after spending two nights in jail
The 52-year-old actor was given a sentence of 5 years in ajil for killing two blackbucks 20 years ago in Kankani village, near Jodhpur in Rajasthan. The incident took place while shooting for "Hum Saath Saath Hain".
Salman Khan's costars Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam Kothari and Sonal Bendre were acquitted of charges.
In the hearing held today, the prosecution questioned the credibility of the witnesses and showed lack of confidence on the post mortem report of the blackbucks that were said to have been killed by gunshot wounds.
Salman Khan's lawyers said that only the bones of the animals were sent for evaluation when their skins, as crucial, weren't.
In an interview in 2009 with NDTV, Salman Khan had said that he had "saved the deer": "We saw a fawn caught in a bush. He was petrified. I took him out of there, gave him some water. The whole herd was there. (The fawn) ate a few biscuits and went away."
- 4th PGA Ladies Amateur Golf Championship concludes08:53 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PM Imran announces Pakistan's bravery award for man who tried saving ...08:35 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Coca Cola Super League Polo: Zacky Farms win another title08:02 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Punjab governor draws world's attention to humanitarian crisis in ...07:33 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Corps Commander Polo Cup sponsored by Diamond Paints: Remounts lift ...07:12 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan, Ranveer Singh win hearts with killer dance moves on ...05:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars spotted dancing at celebrity wedding04:06 PM | 5 Dec, 2021