Pakistan announces 16-member squad for Test series against South Africa
LAHORE – Pakistan’s National Selection Committee, headed by Inzamam-ul-Haq, after consultation with Captain Sarfraz Ahmed and Head Coach Mickey Arthur, has announced the 16 member Test squad for three Test matches against South Africa.
The first Test match of the three-match series will be played at Centurion from December 26 to 30, 2018, according to a press release by the country’s cricket board (PCB).
The second Test match will be played at Cape Town from January 3 to 7, 2019. The third and final Test match of the series will be played at Johannesburg from January 11 to 15, 2019.
“The best possible squad has been selected keeping in mind the conditions of South Africa. Three openers have been selected in the squad, where Shan Masood has been selected after the retirement of Mohammad Hafeez from Test cricket.
“Mohammad Amir makes a comeback in the team after regaining his form in the domestic cricket, giving strength to fast bowling attack that includes four pace bowlers. Mohammad Rizwan has been included in the squad after performing consistently in the domestic cricket and for Pakistan ’A’,” concludes Chief Selector Inzamam ul Haq.
Sarfaraz Ahmad (Captain - WK)
Imam ul Haq
Shaheen Shah Afridi
- PM Imran terms Shaukat Khanum hospital in Karachi biggest, most ...06:09 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Indian farmers reject BJP-led govt’s offer to suspend controversial ...05:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- ECC mulls second bailout package of $35mn to recover PIA’s ...05:02 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat’s spouse Tuba sizzles in new photoshoot03:44 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Jamal Shah awarded France's Ordre des Arts et des Lettres02:55 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021