Pakistani student stabs professor to death in Paris over 'picture of Prophet'
The 66-year-old academic, named locally as John Dowling, was attacked and stabbed 13 times outside the Paris university in La Defense business district on Wednesday.
Dowling had taught English and international relations at the university for two decades, and had made numerous friends there, including plenty of overseas students. He was due to retire at the end of this academic year.
The 37-year-old killer told police he had a personal vendetta against the teacher after failing his exams last year, for which he was expelled from the school last year.
Ali – whose surname has not been disclosed by the French authorities – also claimed that the lecturer had allegedly ‘insulted the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)'.
“He produced a drawing, which he showed off in class, insulting the Prophet Mohammed,” Ali told the French police. Despite this claim, investigators say ‘nobody remembers such an incident.
- PAF first female fighter pilot Marium Mukhtiar being remembered on ...01:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- VIDEO – Driver crashes his brand new car into showroom wall12:53 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- PM to review Covid-19 situation in NCC meeting today12:08 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan reports 2,665 fresh cases, 48 COVID-19 deaths in one day11:21 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- realme 7 pro marks sales records in pakistan; now available in ...11:00 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020