No plan to pull out troops from Iraq: US Defense Secretary
WASHINGTON - The US Defense Secretary Mark Esper has said his country has no plans to pull its troops out of Iraq.
Responding to a letter informing Iraq officials about the repositioning of troops in preparation to leave the country, the US Defense Secretary said that the message was sent by "mistake".
He said that there has been no decision whatsoever to leave.
Earlier, the head of the US military's Task Force in Iraq, Brigadier General William Seely informed his Iraqi counterparts in a letter that troops are preparing to leave the country after Iraqi parliament had called for them to leave by passing a resolution, the Radio Pakistan reported.
- UK Visa Application Centres in Pakistan re-opening form July 2708:13 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PTCL launches customer support services in Sindhi language07:20 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Lahore woman booked for slapping traffic warden — Video07:05 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Asia Cup 2020 delayed; Pakistan to host tournament in ...06:42 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 242,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...06:40 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020