China warns US ahead of South China Sea ruling
The message was conveyed to US Secretary of State John Kerry by China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi in a telephone conversion ahead of a key court ruling on China's claim on the South China Sea.
Wang Yi said that China hopes the United States speaks and acts cautiously, and take no actions that harm China's sovereignty and security interests.
Previously in May, responding to US Defense Secretary Ashton Carter's statement blaming Beijing for creating a great wall of self-isolation, Beijing categorically stated that it had no interest in “playing a role in a Hollywood movie” of Washington’s design.
A spokesperson for the Chinese Foreign Ministry, Hua Chunying, accused the United States of harboring a cold-war mentality and said that Ashton Carter’s comments had exposed US plans to increase its military in the Asia-Pacific region.
She also vowed that China would counter any actions threatening its sovereignty and security in the region.
Washington and its South Pacific allies Japan and Taiwan recently staged a massive joint naval exercise in the region, in an apparent response to China's naval buildup in the region.
- Action sought against Imran Khan, Yasmin Rashid for ‘smear campaign ...08:49 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- US wants better relations with Pakistan: Dilawar Syed08:12 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Yashma Gill shares her views regarding Humayun Saeed’s famous ...08:00 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Sindh announces public holidays for Eidul-Adha 202207:31 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:33 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022