One Pakistani drowns, three missing as pleasure boat sinks in Nile
Six other Pakistani passengers were rescued after the boat hit a bridge late on Tuesday as Muslims prepared to celebrate the Eid-ul-Fitr festival that marks the end of Ramazan, General Hamed al Oqaili told AFP.
Emergency teams recovered the body of the drowned man. A search of the waters for three missing passengers - a woman and her two children - remains underway.
Accidents are common on the Nile which is used by many cargo vessels and ferries as well as pleasure boats.
Earlier this year, 15 people drowned when an unlicensed ferry sank. Last year, 40 people died when a pleasure boat collided with a cargo vessel.
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Ready to defend every inch of motherland, COAS Asim Munir reacts to ...09:45 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Crown’ – Humayun Saeed shares details of a deleted ...07:07 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022