PM Imran picks Shahzain Bugti as special aide on reconciliation and harmony in Balochistan
As the PTI government has pinned its focus on the development of Balochistan, Prime Minister Imran Khan has added Jamhoori Watan Party (JWP) chief and MNA Shahzain Bugti to his cabinet as Special Assistant on Reconciliation and Harmony in Balochistan.
"The Prime Minister [...] has been pleased to appoint Nawabzada Shahzain Bugti MNA, as Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Reconciliation and Harmony in Balochistan, with immediate effect. He shall hold the status of Federal Minister," read a notification issued by the Cabinet Division on Wednesday.
Bugti's party is also an ally of the ruling PTI in the Centre.
The development comes on the heels of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s recent visit to Gwadar where he had said the government is mulling to hold talks with the estranged people of Balochistan for the sake of peace in Balochistan.
Addressing elders and notables of Gwadar on Monday, the premier highlighted that anti-Pakistan had used such elements in the past to create anarchy, but now the situation has entirely changed.
Imran Khan said the development of Balochistan is the top priority of the government, adding that the PTI government has rolled out historical package for the area.
He explained that Rs10 billion of loan has been allocated for up-gradation of fishing boats and other tools to safeguard fishermen's rights. He said that illegal fishing has now been strictly banned, state broadcaster reported.
PM Imran launches various development projects in ... 10:19 AM | 5 Jul, 2021
Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday inaugurated various projects during his day-long visit to Gwadar, a port city on ...
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Punjab’s Auqaf dept loses Badshahi Mosque’s administration08:10 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- UET appoints first female engineering professor in 100 years07:31 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021