Shandur Polo Festival to begin in Chitral from July 7
Presiding over a meeting regarding the event in Peshawar, Secretary Tourism, Muhammad Tariq Khan said Polo teams of various areas including Gilgit, Baltistan and Chitral would participate in the festival which will be organized under the auspices of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Tourism Corporation in collaboration with Pak Army.
A special tent village will also be set up to facilitate local and foreign tourists.
Muhammad Tariq Khan said different cultural programs will be arranged beside paragliding, food stalls, music night and traditional dances to promote tourism.
The Shandur annual festival brings a great sense of contentment among the people of these regions. The festival is often embellished with cultural orientations of both the teams that include their cultural dances, paragliding and folk music.
- vivo announces the launch of X70 Pro in Pakistan02:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Rachel Levine sworn in as first openly transgender four-star admiral ...01:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- SC decides to probe delay in local bodies’ restoration in Punjab01:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Owaisi, other Indian politicians demand cancellation of ...12:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Tarin returns to US as IMF talks headed in ‘right ...11:53 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021