Quetta Gladiators cheer for Vivian Richard on 66th birthday (VIDEO)
The West Indian legend is currently with the Gladiators as the team mentor.
Franchise owner Nadeem Omar took to Twitter to post some of the pictures of the birthday celebrations.
Sir Viv Richards' Birth Day as he turns 66 but still fit..
— Nadeem Omar (@nadeem_omar57) March 7, 2018
The birthday party was attended by the Quetta Gladiator’s management and the players.
At 66 years young, our legendary mentor Sir Vivian Richards has the same ferociousness & vigor he possessed during his amazing career.
— Quetta Gladiators (@TeamQuetta) March 7, 2018
Sir Richards’ daughter Masaba Gupta and her mother Neena Gupta were also there to attend the celebrations.
Former Indian skipper Sachin Tendulkar also wished the cricket legend on his birthday:
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) March 7, 2018
The former cricketer received wishes from all over the world:
— ESPNcricinfo (@ESPNcricinfo) March 7, 2018
— Saeed Ajmal (@REALsaeedajmal) March 7, 2018
? Happy Birthday to @westindies legend Sir Viv Richards!
The 'Master Blaster' thanked the PSL franchise for hosting the birthday party:
— Vivian Richards (@ivivianrichards) March 7, 2018
Sir Vivian Richards made his Test debut in 1974 in India, and scored an unbeaten 192 in his very second game. Just 2 years later, in 1976, Richards scored 1710 runs at an average of 90 with 7 centuries from 11 Tests. It remained a record for almost 30 years, until it was broken by Mohammad Yousuf in 2006. He also scored the fastest ever Test century, when he smashed a ton in just 56 balls against England in 1986.
His aggressive batting style is described as ‘Swagger’.
He has 8000+ Test runs at a 50+ average with 24 centuries under his belt.
In ODIs, Richards had a strike rate of 90+ when he retired. He was part of the World Cup winning West Indies sides of 1975 and 79, and even scored a century in the latter edition's final to help his side to the title.
Richards also played County cricket in England for the Somerset team. He is one of the 4 non English batsmen to make 100 first class centuries. In 2000, he was named as one of the 5 Wisden Cricketers of the Century.
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Satellite imagery, financial data reveal construction of secret ...03:39 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video takes internet by storm02:32 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021