Shoaib Malik to rejoin Pakistan squad for England ODIs on May 9
LAHORE – Veteran all-rounder Shoaib Malik will rejoin the Pakistan cricket team in Southampton on May 9 and will be available for selection for the second One-Day International against England to be played on Saturday (May 11).
The five-match series against England begins at The Oval on Wednesday, and will be followed by the World Cup. Pakistan may have lost 12 of their 23 matches in the last year and suffered a five-nil whitewash by Australia in the UAE in their most recent ODI engagement, but Sarfraz Ahmed's men have experience and quality, particularly in the bowling attack. It should be an enthralling series.
England, on the other hand, have won six of their last seven ODIs at The Oval and, despite a blip in the West Indies, where they drew 2-2 with the hosts, they remain the team to beat ahead of the World Cup.
Possible XI: Shoaib Malik, Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Sarfraz Ahmed, Mohammad Hafeez, Imad Wasim, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Mohammed Amir, Junaid Khan, Shaheen Afridi
Possible XI: Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, Mark Wood
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity amid COVID-19 crisis, PM Imran ...02:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020