Farmers suicide in India: Unable to feed 5 children, farmer sets herself on fire
Manisha Gatkal, a farmer in Osmanabad district, doused herself with kerosene and set herself ablaze in her own house, reported NDTV.
"We are really very poor. There was no food. I had no work... When I got some work I went out. She latched the door and killed herself," said Ms Gatkal's husband Laxman.
The family is so poor that unlike other farmer suicide deaths in Marathwada, they couldn't even take a loan.
"Ration is just too little - 18 kg of wheat and 12 kg of rice. That's not enough for seven people. Just lasts 12 days," said Sambhaji, a relative of Gatkals.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021