‘We are all aviators’ – Australian air force replaces word ‘airmen’ to end sexism
In a move to embrace diversity among its ranks, the Royal Australian Air Force has replaced term airmen with aviators as its marks a century since its establishment.
Australia’s Chief of Air Force, Air Marshal Mel Hupfeld, made announcement about dropped the gendered word at a at a private dinner of past and present RAAF members.
“Of all the work that has been done in developing our Air Force culture, the most challenging dilemma has been fully explaining who we are,” Air Marshal Hupfeld said in a statement on Thursday afternoon.
“We understand well enough what we are and what we do – but have never quite managed to successfully articulate WHO we are. We are ALL aviators.”
Women make up more than 20% of the nearly 15,000 personnel in the air force, international media reported citing a report from 2019.
Pakistan holds first ever defence exhibition in ... 04:32 PM | 6 Apr, 2021
BAGHDAD – Pakistan has held its first ever defence exhibition in Iraq, . During the exhibition, Pakistani ...
- Pakistan records 149 Covid-19 deaths – highest single-day spike ...08:57 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 April 202108:36 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021