"Didn't want a girl," man snatches infant daughter from mother, kills her, and buries her in their room
According to Urdu daily Khabrain, the case was registered against accused Alam Sher Odh under the sections 201, 311 and 302 of Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) on the request of his wife Shamim Bibi.
The complainant told the police that a daughter was born to her, at which her husband was not happy.
"He asked me that he didn't want a girl and I replied that it was the will of Allah not theirs," she said in the complaint, further adding: "he strangled the baby after snatching her from my hands and later buried her in the room".
She said that her husband had also threatened to kill her, if she told anyone else about the incident, advising to keep her mouth shut.
Listening to the argument between the couple, Shamim Bibi's sister Fatima Bibi and brother-in-law Muhammad Sarwar entered the room and after becoming aware of the situation, informed the police.
The police have recovered the dead body of the newborn on the identification of the mother, while further investigation into the case is still underway.
- Jazz draws public ire for internet service suspension01:56 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- 19 die as passenger bus plunges into ravine in Balochistan's Shirani ...12:43 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Military leadership authorised to hold talks with TTP, says Rana Sana11:20 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Nida Yasir teases fans with beach video10:47 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars react to recent hike in petrol prices11:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan's sports superstar Shoaib Akhtar leaves for Hajj06:15 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Noor Zafar Khan reveals her latest celebrity crush07:37 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022