Mother of five set on fire by employer in Nankana Sahib
Fozia Bibi, a mother of five and a resident of Chak 19, had borrowed some money from a feudal lord and was unable to pay him back, Express News reported.
The landlord doused her in petrol and set her on fire in punishment.
Fozia was taken to the Allied Hospital in Faisalabad where she breathed her last.
Her family has yet to file a case against the landlord.
This is one of the hundred cases which go unnoticed in Pakistan where women are murdered every year either for so-called ‘honour’ or for not paying loans.
The Aurat Foundation’s annual report of 2016 showed 7,852 cases of violence against women.
- Rain, snowfall in different parts of country turns weather cold11:22 AM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan records 3,009 fresh cases in a day – highest single-day ...10:49 AM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan approves anti-rape ordinance with harsher punishment10:14 AM | 25 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran inaugurates WEF’s Country Strategy Dialogue on Pakistan ...09:15 AM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:50 AM | 25 Nov, 2020