2019 Emmy Awards to go hostless!
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards are following in the Oscar's footsteps and forgoing a host for this year's ceremony, hosted by Fox.
“If you have a host and an opening number, that’s 15 minutes you can’t use to salute the shows,” Collier said. “We will go host-less this year, and I think it will give us more time to honour those shows.”
That doesn’t mean the broadcast won’t feature an opening number.
“There will be entertainment, there will be an opening number,” he said, noting that the producers are working on the framework now. “I love that the producers are so thoughtfully approaching these choices. There will be many surprises and it will be entertaining.”
"It’s our job to assess how to elevate the program in the year we’re lucky enough to broadcast it," Collier said. "And what’s interesting about this year, to me, is how many amazing shows we’re saying goodbye to. You’ve got obviously Game of Thrones…and Veep and Big Bang Theory."
The last time the Emmy Awards went without a host was 2003, also broadcast on Fox.
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards will be held Sept. 22, 2019, at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- 38 years of fame: Green-eyed Afghan girl from famous magazine cover ...12:20 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Lt Gen Nigar Johar becomes first woman colonel commandant of Pakistan ...11:18 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- US President Biden invites PM Imran to virtual summit on democracy10:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Karachi Zoo director removed after rare white lion dies of negligence09:52 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Punjab governor meets members of Scottish Parliament09:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021