Position on Kashmir governed by Security Council resolutions, asserts UN chief
"The Secretary-General also recalls the 1972 Agreement on bilateral relations between India and Pakistan, also known as the Simla Agreement, which states that the final status of Jammu and Kashmir is to be settled by peaceful means, in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations," said a press release issued by António Guterres's office.
The Secretary-General also stated that he is also concerned over reports of restrictions on the Indian-side of Kashmir, which could exacerbate the human rights situation in the region.
"The Secretary-General calls on all parties to refrain from taking steps that could affect the status of Jammu and Kashmir," the statement said.
- Christian Turner to step down as British envoy to Pakistan next year08:44 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Defending champions Deccan Gladiators beat debutants New York ...08:20 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Debutants Morrisville Samp Army marches off in style trouncing Team ...07:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Andre Russell and skipper Nicholas Pooran’s power-hitting helps ...07:35 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Why #NidaStopObscenity is trending on Twitter?05:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Alishbah Anjum and Jannat Mirza's new video breaks the internet05:00 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022