Position on Kashmir governed by Security Council resolutions, asserts UN chief
"The Secretary-General also recalls the 1972 Agreement on bilateral relations between India and Pakistan, also known as the Simla Agreement, which states that the final status of Jammu and Kashmir is to be settled by peaceful means, in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations," said a press release issued by António Guterres's office.
The Secretary-General also stated that he is also concerned over reports of restrictions on the Indian-side of Kashmir, which could exacerbate the human rights situation in the region.
"The Secretary-General calls on all parties to refrain from taking steps that could affect the status of Jammu and Kashmir," the statement said.
- COVID restrictions — Sindh extends business timing after pressure ...08:43 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- When will Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza be released on parole?07:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- No ban on visas for Pakistani workers, clarifies UAE07:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat gets surprised by some secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020