LHC bans plastic bags at medical stores, fruit vendors
LAHORE – In a bid to improve and protect the environment, Lahore High Court (LHC) has imposed a ban on plastic bags at pharmacies, medical stores and fruit vendors.
The LHC has also directed Environment Protection Department to implement the court orders.
LHC judge Justice Shahid Karim, in his verdict on plea of advocate Abuzar Salman Khan Niazi, has ordered DG of Department of Environmental Protection to issue directions to regional officers to enforce the ban in districts of Gujranwala, Sialkot and Faisalabad.
The court has granted two weeks’ time to all stores to switch to alternatives.
The court has adjourned the hearing till September 9.
- Two terrorists killed in Balochistan operation: ISPR11:22 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan sharply rejects India’s ‘irresponsible remarks’ about ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad locals find unexploded bomb might have been dropped during ...10:24 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan PM Imran seeks more debt relief from G-20 ...09:07 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston reveals that she almost quit Hollywood04:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- The Boys – A massive Amazon hit all set to have a spin-off04:19 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ahad Raza Mir turns 27, receives heartwarming birthday wishes from ...03:57 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020