CTD arrests five 'terrorists' planning attacks in Bahawalpur
The group has belonged to the banned militant organization Tehreek-e-Taliban had planned to attack intelligence agency offices in the city of Bahawalpur, said senior officer Rai Tahir.
Tahir said teams of counter-terrorism police raided the men's hideout. He said suicide jackets, hand grenades, lethal weapons, ammunition and money to finance their operations were seized.
He said an initial investigation revealed that Tehreek-e-Taliban was coordinating with al-Qaeda for attacks on security agencies in Punjab province.
The identities of the arrested men didn't reveal so far. However, police have started the crackdown in the city to nab their abettors and facilitators, the police officer added.
- Hundreds flock to celebrate birthday of Holy Prophet at Iraq’s ...03:38 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Yashma Gill shares adorable photos from her birthday bash03:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021