Tayyab Aslam of Pakistan claims gold medal in 13th SA Games
PESHAWAR – Tayyab Aslam of Pakistan claimed gold medal after giving a stunning defeat to Indian Harinder Pal in the individual squash event final of the 13th South Asian Games-2019 being played at Kathmandu (Nepal) on Sunday.
In Individual round Tayyab Aslam has won gold medal by defeating Harindar Pal Singh 3-1 and Farhan Mehboob, a former Asian Champion and World No. 14, has won bronze medal in individual category. Tayyab Aslam of Pakistan faced some resistance against Harindar Pal of India in 45-minute final, the score was 8-11, 11-3, 11-8, 11-8 (3-1).
Tayyab played well and despite losing the first set at 8-11, he staged a strong come back and raced up to victory by winning three consecutive sets 11-3, 11-8 and 11-8.
In the female individual event Madina Zafar and Faiza Zafar of Pakistan grabbed bronze medals. Thus in the individual Men and Women categories Pakistan Squash contingent won one gold medal and three bronze medals. The team event would be starting on Sunday evening at 4.00 p.m local time.
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- FO dismisses back channel diplomacy with India09:23 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Chohan roasts anchorperson Imran Khan for maligning CM Buzdar08:22 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020