Paris Club powers Pakistan with $873mn
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan is set to receive $873 million in debt relief from the Paris Club of Creditor Nations.
According to the Paris Club, it is close to fully achieve the implementation of the debt service suspension initiative of around $2.5 billion with 36 countries.
Earlier in November, the Economic Coordination Committee of the cabinet allowed the economic affairs division to proceed with the formal request for availing the G-20 debt relief for the extended period from January to June 2021 under the Covid support.
PM Imran urges G-20 to further extend debt relief ... 09:11 PM | 15 May, 2020
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan Friday, while calling the G-20 debt relief a timely initiative, urged the forum ...
The Paris Club members are open to extending the DSSI implementation phase by another six months. This option will begin if the economic and financial situation doesn’t improve before the 2021 spring meetings of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF).
This framework provides a major breakthrough in the international financial architecture that will strengthen the bond between Paris Club and other G20 creditors at a time when debt vulnerabilities are high; particularly in low-income countries like Pakistan.
Pakistan ‘to sign Rs335b debt relief deal with ... 09:36 AM | 6 Jul, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan is to sign its debt relief agreement with G20 countries by the end of this year to avail ...
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- NAB arrests Khursheed Shah’s son in asset beyond means case (VIDEO)10:31 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shahrukh Khan becomes the only Pakistani cadet to graduate from US ...09:50 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Donald Trump lookalike singing, selling ice cream in Pakistan09:34 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021