Did Saudi Arabia open up airspace for flights to Israel? Conflicting reports emerge in int'l media
According to a spokesperson of the Air India, the national carrier has requested the Saudi authorities to grant permission to use its airspace for thrice-a-week flight services between Delhi and Tel Aviv from March. However, the Indian officials have not received any response yet.
After Air India's plan came up, different reports rife in the media that Saudi government has allowed Indian airline to use its airspace to the country, which it has not recognised. The claim has been made by Israeli daily Haaretz.
If the report is true, the decision would reduce flight duration by two and a half hours between the two cities, besides decreasing fuel cost. If approval has been granted, India will be able to adopt a shorter route by flying over Ahmedabad, Muscat, Saudi Arabia to reach Tel Aviv.
As of now, Israel's El Al flights between Tel Aviv and Mumbai have to fly for seven hours over the Red Sea, the Gulf of Aden to land in India by avoiding airspaces of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Both countries - Israel and India - have come closer in recent months as Prime Minister Narendra Modi had visited Israel in July last year, becoming the first Indian premier to set foot in the Jewish state.
After his visit, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visited India last month, the first such trip in 15 years, and signed various accords to boost bilateral ties.
- Female Lawyer aerial firing clip goes viral on social media (VIDEO)09:28 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:00 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 30 November 202008:30 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- On the Wrong Side of History11:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- 'Young Imran Khan' in old photo09:04 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Islamabad plans open-air cinema for safe entertainment09:26 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020