Veteran actor Jeetandra accused of sexual assault
A complaint has been filed by a woman with Himachal Pradesh's Director General of Police, who is said to be the actor's cousin. The incident took place in 1971, when she was 18 while Jeetandra was 28.
The incident took place when Jeetandra 'arranged' for the victim to join him in Shimla from New Delhi on the set of a movie without her being aware of his true intentions. Later that night, he returned intoxicated assaulted her.
Jeetandra is being represented by Advocate Rizwan Siddiquee, who has said that the claim of assault is baseless.
The allegation comes in the wake of #MeToo Campaign (raised for awareness against sexual misconduct).
Jeetandra, currently 75, is a household name in the Bollywood film industry.
- Rice charity by Saudi Arabia draws ire in Pakistan03:08 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Mia Khalifa blames US for Jerusalem violence02:01 PM | 12 May, 2021
- #WestandwithGaza, PM Imran reiterates support to Palestinians amid ...01:18 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Mariyam Nafees shares pictures from her Dua-e-Khair11:51 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares an adorable throwback picture09:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021