Veteran actor Jeetandra accused of sexual assault
A complaint has been filed by a woman with Himachal Pradesh's Director General of Police, who is said to be the actor's cousin. The incident took place in 1971, when she was 18 while Jeetandra was 28.
The incident took place when Jeetandra 'arranged' for the victim to join him in Shimla from New Delhi on the set of a movie without her being aware of his true intentions. Later that night, he returned intoxicated assaulted her.
Jeetandra is being represented by Advocate Rizwan Siddiquee, who has said that the claim of assault is baseless.
The allegation comes in the wake of #MeToo Campaign (raised for awareness against sexual misconduct).
Jeetandra, currently 75, is a household name in the Bollywood film industry.
- MDCAT 2020: FIA busts gang involved in 'paper leak'12:00 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Eight shot dead over land dispute in KP11:10 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Ex-PM Gillani’ son among 30 PDM workers arrested in Multan10:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020