'Halal meat has magic to convert non-Muslims into Muslims’
Michael Ohman, the head of the nationalist party’s Heby wing told the Sala Allehanda newspapert, “You become a Muslim if you eat halal meat,” the locals cited him as saying.
When asked by a reporter if he meant to say that halal meat had magical powers, Ohman responded: “Yes. This is precisely what we have warned of. They sneak halal in everywhere.”
Ohman, who is a member of the Swedish Democrats from the small town of Heby, also mentioned he wants to see halal meat banned in local schools because he believes it is against the country’s animal welfare laws.
Traditional methods of producing halal meat involve slitting an animal’s throat to ensure the spinal cord isn’t damaged.
However, a Swedish political scientist told RT that the move to condemn halal practices is unlikely to get widespread support, as the majority of the population “generally support plurality,” and there is a widespread acceptance of Muslim values.
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PAKvNZ – Trophy unveiled ahead of first Pakistan-New Zealand ODI ...08:06 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021