'Halal meat has magic to convert non-Muslims into Muslims’
Michael Ohman, the head of the nationalist party’s Heby wing told the Sala Allehanda newspapert, “You become a Muslim if you eat halal meat,” the locals cited him as saying.
When asked by a reporter if he meant to say that halal meat had magical powers, Ohman responded: “Yes. This is precisely what we have warned of. They sneak halal in everywhere.”
Ohman, who is a member of the Swedish Democrats from the small town of Heby, also mentioned he wants to see halal meat banned in local schools because he believes it is against the country’s animal welfare laws.
Traditional methods of producing halal meat involve slitting an animal’s throat to ensure the spinal cord isn’t damaged.
However, a Swedish political scientist told RT that the move to condemn halal practices is unlikely to get widespread support, as the majority of the population “generally support plurality,” and there is a widespread acceptance of Muslim values.
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia this week10:34 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Lt Gen Muhammad Aamer assumes charge as Gujranwala Corps commander08:16 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup – Ireland’s bowler Curtis Campher makes history07:56 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021