Hello Kitty: Japan unveils cartoon-themed bullet train
The white eight-car train, which is decorated with drawings of pink ribbons to mimic the look of the popular character created by Sanrio Co., will begin a three month run between the western cities of Osaka and Fukuoka on Saturday.
The car interiors of the special shinkansen also feature images of the feline, such as Hello Kitty wearing a crew uniform or carrying local specialties, on the walls, seats and curtains.
The train’s first car, dubbed “Hello! Plaza,” will introduce passengers to attractions and specialty goods from western Japan for a limited time after the train debuts.
In the second car, named the Kawaii! Room, passengers will get the chance to pose for photos with a big Hello Kitty doll.
Another carriage will have a large Hello Kitty doll - adorned in a unique crew uniform - where fans can pose for photos.
The character was created by Yuko Shimizu in 1974 and since then has spread around the world. It can be found on everything from key chains to motor oil, aeroplanes to toilet paper and the brand is now estimated to be worth billions of dollars.
- Britain rejects Nawaz Sharif's request for visa extension08:23 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Russia and neighbours begin military drills on Afghanistan border07:58 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Kinza Hashmi opens up about dealing with relentless trolling04:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021