Stable Afghanistan must for regional peace: Fatemi
In an interview, he said that the recent US drone attack in Balochistan that killed Mullah Mansour had negatively impacted the peace and reconciliation process in Afghanistan. He described the attack as an illegal violation of Pakistan's sovereignty.
Fatemi also said that the drone strike had raised questions about the United States' intentions regarding peace and reconciliation in Afghanistan.
About India's bid for membership of the Nuclear Supplier Group, Tariq Fatemi said that the objective of non-proliferation could not be undermined by allowing some countries to violate or bend the Non-Proliferation Treaty.
He said that since the NSG was created in reaction to Indian nuclear tests in recent decades, offering the country group membership would send a negative signal on proliferation.
- UK announces test and quarantine rules for travelers as Omicron ...09:57 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021