Perpetuating Patriarchy: FoodPanda 'defines' gender roles on International Women's Day
This advertisement by Foodpanda defining or validating the already defined gender roles is wrong at so many levels. The day isn't just about giving women a holiday from the kitchen, it's about giving them equal rights, equal worth and equal opportunities. However, the food giant seems to ignore all that and internet isn't too happy about it.
A women rights activist shared the message with a post, "Mein Kabhi nahi Pakati, sexist Foodpanda."
Foodpanda's full message, even if posted with best of intentions does reek of benevolent sexism where women are only portrayed in traditional gender roles.
Foodpanda knows 🌝😂 pic.twitter.com/zkd7NrBjcY— • queen of typos • (@Khaaksaar__k) March 8, 2018
Soon the debate was initiated with some laughing at the arguably sexist ad while some criticizing it severely.
- Britain rejects Nawaz Sharif's request for visa extension08:23 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Russia and neighbours begin military drills on Afghanistan border07:58 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Kinza Hashmi opens up about dealing with relentless trolling04:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021