North Korea detains another American professor amid tension with U.S
SEOUL - Amid heightened tension with United States, North Korea has arrested a US professor following the charges of "hostile acts" against the regime, the state-run Korean Central News Agency reported Sunday.
He is the second US professor teaching at Pyongyang University of Science and Technology to be apprehended in recent months.
"The relevant authority is currently carrying out a detailed investigation into the crime of Kim Hak-song," the state-run news agency said.
In April, North Korea arrested Kim Sang Duk for "hostile acts" against the regime. He was also working at Pyongyang University of Science and Technology.
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- PM Imran regrets criticising diplomats in public05:16 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021