Babar Azam becomes first Pakistani to score 1,000 T20 runs for 2nd straight year
KARACHI – Pakistan's T20 Captain Babar Azam on Saturday set another record after he became the first-ever Pakistani to score 1,000 runs in a calendar year.
26-year-old Azam scored a match-winning 82 against Zimbabwe in Rawalpindi to complete its 1,000 T20I.
Azam had also scored 1,607 runs last year to end the year 2019 as the top T20I runs scorer, which makes him the first Pakistani to achieve back-to-back feats of a thousand T20I runs in two consecutive years.
Pakistan former captain Shoaib Malik had, although, scored 1,000 T20I runs on three occasions, but couldn’t achieve the feat consecutively.
Malik reached four-figure in T20Is in the year 2014 (1,030), 2016 (1,082), and 2019 (1,010).
Pakistan’s Ahmed Shahzad (1,138 in 2012), Umar Akmal (1,386 in 2016), and Imran Nazir (1,036 in 2012) have achieved this feat once.
Babar is currently the leading T20I runs scorer in the year 2020 with 1,063 runs in 26 innings.
- Pakistan becomes 'fourth most expensive' country in world12:20 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: South Africa beat Pakistan in warm-up match11:44 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani doctor elected to top US health institution National ...11:18 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- PDM revives anti-government movement with protest in Rawalpindi10:51 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani rupee at all-time low against US dollar10:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Mansha Pasha celebrates birthday with friends and family04:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan’s bail plea rejected by Mumbai court03:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar and Shoaib Malik’s new bold photos set internet on fire02:00 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021