15 dead, 25 injured after bus collides with parked truck in Afghanistan
According to officials, the accident occurred in Zherai district of Kandahar province when the passenger bus crashed into a stationary truck.
The bus was going to Kandahar from Helmand province carrying 40 passengers and overturned after the crash.
Women and children were among those who were killed in the road mishap.
In May 206, 73 people were killed and 52 others injured in Afghanistan when two passenger buses erupted in flames after one collided with a fuel tanker.
The crash occurred on the main highway linking Afghanistan's capital, Kabul, with the southern city of Kandahar, officials said.
Traffic accidents are common in Afghanistan where drivers often violate rules and roads are in poor condition.
- Nora Fatehi 'had fun last night' with Turkish chef Burak in Dubai ...07:29 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- 500-year-old mosque discovered in Pakistan’s capital (VIDEO)07:12 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran hails CM Khalid’s plan to turn Gilgit-Baltistan into ...06:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stranded crew of seized PIA plane returns to Pakistan today06:09 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- PDM rallies to reach Islamabad by 1pm tomorrow, announces Fazlur ...05:33 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Saboor Aly sheds light on the beauty standards of entertainment ...02:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021