CJP says Pakistan can build dams with own resources
A day after PM Imran Khan urged the overseas Pakistanis to contribute to dams fund, Justice Nisar said overseas Pakistanis were willing to send money for the construction of Diamer-Bhasha dam.
“We have high expectations from overseas Pakistanis who have always helped Pakistan in times of need,” said Nisar while having an informal conversation with an NGO delegation.
The CJP also assured the overseas Pakistanis to protect their interest.
It is time for the masses to return something to their homeland, CJP said adding that the step taken by Supreme Court has become the notion of entire public.
Besides the construction of dam, Justice Nisar stressed on payment of debts. “History will not forgive us if loans of Pakistan are not paid back.”
CJP also appreciated Prime Minister Imran Khan’s request to overseas Pakistanis for assistance in overcoming water crisis.
Overseas Pakistanis must contribute to dams fund, ... 05:31 PM | 7 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has appealed to the Pakistanis living abroad to contribute to dams fund, ...
PM Imran made the request a day earlier during a televised address to the nation.
The CJP, who will retire in four months, said he will take up the work of guarding the dam after retirement and if need be will set up a hut and start living there.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-04- Updated ...09:35 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- How to complete PSL 6? ShahidAfridi shares his formula following ...11:11 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Sana Javed wins Best Actress award for Ruswai09:24 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021