Pakistani journalist Shaheena Shaheen’s murder turns out ‘honour killing’ case
ISLAMABAD - Balochistan-based journalist Shaheena Shaheen’s murder in Turbat area turned out a hounour killing case as she had been shot dead by her husband, it emerged during investigation.
According to a news website, Shaheen, who was also a women rights activist, was killed by her husband named Mehrab Khan Gachigi.
Her body was also shifted to hospital by the suspect, who later fled the scene.
Police are conducting raids to arrest the suspect.
On September 5, the female journalist was killed in a firing incident in Turbat, Balochistan.
She was a morning show host in PTV Bolan, the editor of Balochi magazine Dazgohar and an artist. She used to raise voice for gender equality and campaigned for women’s empowerment in Balochistan.
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Police arrests over 30 demonstrators during protest against COVID-19 ...01:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020