Scientists discover marijuana in William Shakespeare’s smoking pipes
The 400 year old clay pipes were thoroughly examined by forensic experts from South Africa using state of the art technology.
According to findings, the pipes were excavated from Shakespeare's garden in Stratford-upon-Avon in central England and the residues can still be detected despite the hundreds of years that have elapsed since the pipes were last smoked.
In total, the researchers found four pipes with cannabis residue.
It is thought that cannabis was smoked in Europe at that time as were coca leaves (cocaine), though no traces of the latter were found in Shakespeare's pipes.
The research has been published in the South African Journal of Science.
- realme C35 goes on sale in Pakistan, price, specifications09:17 AM | 28 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:01 AM | 28 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 28 May 202208:45 AM | 28 May, 2022
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022