Maryam Nawaz wore a yellow dress and got dragged into an age old rivalry
Being political opponents, Nawaz Sharif once referred to BB as a yellow "Taxi"; a very local slur that has extremely negative connotations referring to a "woman of ill repute." This was later adopted by PMLN as a strategy to deter people from voting for Bhutto who was seriously hurt by these personal comments based on gender discrimination.
Now the tables have apparently turned as Nawaz Sharif's daughter, Maryam Nawaz uploaded a picture of herself wearing all yellow and people have used this opportunity to 'get back' at her father.
People were quick to respond to this ironic twist of fate and started calling Maryam Nawaz a "taxi":
Nawaz and Company did worst with BENAZIR BHUTTO, Politics was just excuse,— jarrie (@Jarrie_just) February 8, 2018
REAL ISSUE WAS THAT BENAZIR BHUTTO BELONGED TO A SHIA FAMILY, IRANIAN MOTHER, FATHER A PAKISTANI SHIA POLITICAL LEADER
But JUSTICE has been DONE.
Today Nawaz' Daughter has become Yellow Taxi#TAXI pic.twitter.com/L1czVSMYWE
Yellow Cab ... New pilleee taxi 😂😂😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/Q2DldFRJRu— Saqib Saeed Khan (@Saqibsaeeed) February 7, 2018
Some people even resorted to calling her horrible names and talked of starting the same trend with Maryam Nawaz:
Oye taxi @MaryamNSharif 😂— Atiq Mughal 🇵🇰 (@Adeeesays) February 8, 2018
Thankfully some people tried talking some sense against the toxic misogyny that is so deeply ingrained in our people:
I hate her to the moon and back but don’t call her names please, koi girra tha to aap bi girain gay ab?— Akbar (@aabdallian) February 8, 2018
The question to ask is not only that why should a daughter have to pay for her father's sins and sexist remarks, but why must we stoop so low and bring down one woman to erroneously believe that we are bringing another one up? This is not for a heroic or just cause. This is not an attempt to fight for the memory of the late and respected Benazir Bhutto who worked all her life to serve as an example for Pakistani women! The woman who against all odds rose up against the patriarchal norms and society and became Pakistan's first female PM.
Maryam Nawaz deserves better, BB deserves better and Pakistan deserves better!
- SC’s Justice Isa allowed to argue his case himself12:07 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
- China to gift additional 0.5 million doses of coronavirus vaccine to ...11:43 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- What a delivery! Woman orders iPhone 12 Pro Max but receives Apple ...11:32 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan aims at vaccinating 70 million people against COVID-19 in ...11:31 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- First round matches decided in Hush Puppies Junior National Tennis11:19 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 'Darlings’ – Alia Bhatt collaborates with Shahrukh Khan for first ...07:06 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Mere Paas Tum Ho actor Rehmat Ajmal looks stunning on her Mayoun03:15 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021