India trounce Pakistan to enter final of Women's T20 Asia Cup
Batting first at Kinrara Academy Oval, Pakistan managed to score merely 72 runs with only two Pakistani batsmen reaching double figures; opener Nahida Khan scored 18 and Sana Mir contributed 20 to the total.
The Green Shirts retained the crease for 20 overs but managed to put 72 runs for a loss of seven wickets.
The easy target was achieved as Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana made a 65-runs partnership to guide India to a 7-wicket victory.
The win puts India through to the Sunday's final.
On the other hand, Pakistan will have to wait for the outcome of the other match between third-placed Bangladesh and hosts Malaysia, to know their future.
Women's T20 Asia Cup Tournament is being held in Malaysia, under the aegis of the Asian Cricket Council. Six teams including Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Thailand and host Malaysia are participating in the event.
- Pakistan to host OIC foreign ministers’ meeting on Afghanistan on ...01:53 AM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Vernon Philander pens heartfelt good-bye message for Pakistan team10:56 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Petroleum prices in Pakistan to remain unchanged in December10:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan President filled with remorse for using Governor House as ...09:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021