PPP claims support of 57 senators for Senate chairmanship
Co-chairman PPP Asif Ali Zardari has reportedly invited independent senators from Balochistan for tea in the afternoon today. In the meeting, planning for Chairman and Deputy Chairman Senate will be finalized. Also, Zardari will meet senators from FATA later on in the same regard. In the Senate, 33 senators belong to the PPP.
Amidst political maneuvering for the coveted positions in the Upper House, Balochistan House Islamabad has become a haunt for political bigwigs as PPP contemplates nominating Sadiq Sanjrani and Anwaar-ul-Haq Kakar from Balochistan. CM Balochistan Abdul Quddus Bizenjo met Asif Zardari and CM KPK in separate sittings and has already entrusted Zardari with coming up with a name worthy of the esteemed position.
- Ahmad Nawaz: Pakistan school shooting survivor takes charge as Oxford ...06:41 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- At least two dead, several injured as violence mars Sindh local govt ...05:44 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Abrarul Haq serves legal notice to UK record label over ‘Nach ...04:58 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa dance their heart out on ‘Loota Re’ ...03:00 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022