Malala talks girls' education, Muslim ban and Trump on David Letterman's new Netflix show
"What do you think about President Trump?” was the question he posed to the 20 year old activist who turned the tables around on her host when she asked, “Well, I’m in the UK, so what do you think about him?"
Letterman took on her challenge and stated he had a lot to say on the topic ,“I believe… oh, boy, I feel personally, not politically, but personally, he is not fit to represent me. I don’t think he’s fit to represent anyone in this room.”
Malala couldn't have agreed more, focusing on the Muslim ban and Trump's vision for America, “I know, a ban on Muslims! And I’m a Muslim,” she said. “Some of the things have really disappointed me, things about sexual harassment and a ban on Muslims and racism. You see all these things and you feel that America, being known for human rights and a country of liberty and freedom, that country should be leading in terms of human rights.”
She further talked about education and what a government's role should be regarding the entire process.
“The governments need to invest more money into education. Business people, everyone who is part of society, they need to start thinking about investing in girls and their education. We just need an ambition and an intention. What to do is then easy."
When asked who she thinks would have taken up her cause had she not survived her attack by the Taliban she said, “I would hope that many people would have stood up and stood up against extremists, against not just the extremists, not just the people, but against the ideology."
She further added, “Because that’s what we have to fight against: the ideology that exists there that does not accept women as equal to men [and] that does not accept women to have the right to education."
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4009:33 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petrol prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani mangoes hit Singapore markets07:55 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021