Facebook deletes tens of thousands accounts on spreading fake news
The social media website took action following criticism regarding the circulation of fake news on its massive network.
Furthermore, it has introduced many changes to its newsfeed algorithm in order to prevent distribution of fake news.
Facebook was facing severe criticism due to how easy it was to spread false information, which came to the fore during the US presidential election in 2016 when many fake posts were widely shared on it and other social media sites.
Last month, Facebook suspended 30,000 accounts in France keeping in view the coming of the first round of its presidential election and uses outside fact-checkers in the country, Aljazeera reported.
In the UK, Facebook initiated a British newspaper advertising campaign to warn users of the danger of fake news.
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- China rubbishes G7 criticism, says 'small' group can't decide world's ...09:01 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Karachi Kings08:39 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021