Facebook deletes tens of thousands accounts on spreading fake news
The social media website took action following criticism regarding the circulation of fake news on its massive network.
Furthermore, it has introduced many changes to its newsfeed algorithm in order to prevent distribution of fake news.
Facebook was facing severe criticism due to how easy it was to spread false information, which came to the fore during the US presidential election in 2016 when many fake posts were widely shared on it and other social media sites.
Last month, Facebook suspended 30,000 accounts in France keeping in view the coming of the first round of its presidential election and uses outside fact-checkers in the country, Aljazeera reported.
In the UK, Facebook initiated a British newspaper advertising campaign to warn users of the danger of fake news.
- Pakistan reports no polio case in six months02:08 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- US formally ends combat mission in Iraq after 18 years01:20 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- All 'unnecessary movement' restricted in Karachi after 6pm as Covid ...12:47 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan amicably repatriates 46 Afghan soldiers who crossed border ...12:24 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Budding Pakistani singer accused of sexually assaulting woman in ...11:26 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 52nd birthday with Ben Affleck04:36 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani bride's super dancing entry goes viral (VIDEO)03:37 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021