Iqbal Day: President, PM urges nation to follow Iqbal’s message to address social ills
ISLAMABAD - President Dr Arif Alvi and Prime Minister Imran Khan, on 142nd birth anniversary of great philosopher, poet of the east and thinker, Allama Dr Muhammad Iqbal, have said that it is high time to revert to the message of Allama Muhammad Iqbal to find solution to the ills corroding the society and hindering the progress and prosperity.
In their separate messages on the occasion, they said it is an occasion to recall and pledge for the nation to follow his message of self-awareness and self-esteem.
They said that Muslims of the Sub-continent would always remain indebted to the great visionary leader for his invaluable services.
They said Allama Iqbal infused a new spirit among the Muslims of the sub-continent, changed their thought process and provided them with a solid ideological foundation to strive for regaining their lost identity.
The great leader had also envisioned the idea of a separate homeland for the Muslims of the sub-continent and made remarkable contributions towards understanding the true message of Islam, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The President and Prime Minister urged the nation to pledge on this day to make even greater efforts for the fulfilment of the dream of our forefathers and move forward according to the teachings of Allama Iqbal for the greater good of our society and our beloved homeland.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019