Indian school principal abducted 8 women in 7 years
Trial proceedings have begun against Trivedi, who was arrested from Punjab on July 14 last year, the Times Of India reported.
He was arrested two years after he abducted the class XI girls from their hostel in Padadhari. The trial is taking place in the court dealing with cases under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POSCO).
The charge sheet filed by CID (crime) reveals that Trivedi is a serial offender. In just 10 years, Trivedi has had two failed love marriages and abducted as many as eight women including these two girls since 2008.
Trivedi has been charged under Indian Penal Code sections 363 (kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage), 376 (rape) and POSCO sections He is lodged in Rajkot Central Jail.
Trivedi, a native of Vadodara, managed to evade arrest for several months in all cases where he had eloped with women. What's more shocking is that he even managed to get jobs in various states and showed one of the women with him as his wife.
The charge sheet against him reveals that he travelled to Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh in two years before being arrested. He introduced one of the 16-year-old girls as his wife and another as her sister.
"Though he was married, he eloped with two school teachers of a private school in Rajkot in August 2008. He married one of them. However, the woman's father persuaded her and got her divorced.
“Again in 2010, he fled with two women from Surat city for seven months. Two years later, he forcibly took away these two girl students and raped them repeatedly," the charge sheet reveals.
- World Bank sees 17pc rise in Pakistan’s remittances in 202012:00 PM | 16 May, 2021
- AC Narowal Tehniyat Bukhari made OSD for ‘misbehaving’ with women ...11:27 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Punjab extends lockdown till May 30 fearing spike in Covid cases10:47 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistan records 2,379 new Covid-19 cases, 76 deaths in 24 hours10:21 AM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021