Nepal army will not join BIMSTEC anti-terror drill in India
"Nepal will not participate in the BIMSTEC joint military drill. This is the official decision of the government," said Kundan Aryal, press adviser to Prime Minister K.P. Sharma Oli, without giving details about reasons behind Nepal's decision to skip the military drill.
The joint military drill are to be organised in Pune of the western Indian State of Maharastra on Sept. 10-16.
The proposal for the joint military drill was first proposed by the Indian Army in June, followed by an initial meeting of BIMSTEC senior army officials in New Delhi, the Kathmandu Post reported.
Unbelievable: Pakistani and Indian soldiers dance ... 12:17 PM | 29 Aug, 2018
CHEBARKUL - Scores of Pakistani and Indian soldiers displayed a rare sight when they danced together on the sidelines ...
Nepal army chief General Purna Chandra Thapa was also scheduled to attend the closing ceremony of the drill but it that too has been cancelled, according to reports in Indian media.
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not start for Portugal in match against ...12:25 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Achraf Hakimi helps Morocco knock Spain out of World Cup on penalties12:02 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan to hold next general election in October 2023 after digital ...11:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Bohemia beats Aima Baig in Go-karting08:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Man who stole Lady Gaga's dogs sentenced to 21 years in prison09:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022