Top 6 health benefits of peaches
There are two different varieties of peaches: freestone and clingstone, depending on whether the flesh sticks to the inner seed or easily comes apart.
1# Skin Care: The antioxidant vitamin C, when eaten in its natural form (in whole foods such as peaches) or applied topically, can reduce wrinkles, improve overall skin texture and help to fight skin damage caused by the sun and pollution. Vitamin C also plays a vital role in the formation of collagen, the support system of your skin.
2# Aids in Digestion: Peaches are good for maintaining healthy digestive health due to their alkaline content and fiber. Dietary fiber in peaches absorbs water and helps in preventing stomach disorders like constipation, hemorrhoids, stomach ulcers, gastritis, and irregular bowel movements.
It also helps in cleansing and eliminating the toxic waste from the intestines and preventing the body from contracting various abdominal disorders, including stomach cancer.
3# Diabetes: Studies have shown that type 1 diabetics who consume high-fiber diets have lower blood glucose levels and type 2 diabetics may have improved blood sugar, lipids, and insulin levels.
One medium peach provides about 2 grams of fiber. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends 21-25 g/day for women and 30-38 g/day for men.
4# Preventing Cancer: As an excellent source of the strong antioxidant vitamin C, peaches can also help combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer.
While an adequate vitamin C intake is necessary and very beneficial as an antioxidant, the amount necessary to consume for treatment purposes for cancer is thought to be beyond oral intake.
5# Eye health: A higher intake of fruits has been shown to decrease the risk and progression of age-related macular degeneration. It is important to note that the benefits of consuming fruits and vegetables of all kinds, including peaches, are infinite.
As plant food consumption goes up, the risk of all lifestyle-related diseases (such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease) goes down.
It is important to note that the benefits of consuming fruits and vegetables of all kinds, including peaches, are infinite. As plant food consumption goes up, the risk of all lifestyle-related diseases (such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease) goes down.
- Emirates, Etihad extend ban on travelers from COVID-hit countries ...10:02 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan reports 76 deaths, over 4,000 new COVID infections amid ...09:35 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 July 202108:46 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Welsh slate is now on list of Unesco World Heritage Sites12:56 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Nora Fatehi’s belly dance moves in ‘Zaalima Coca Cola’ set ...04:04 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Mehrooz Waseem hits back, accuses Usman Mukhtar of harassment03:48 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali's colourful birthday celebrations go viral03:34 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021