Remove all billboards from Karachi immediately, orders CJP Gulzar
KARACHI – Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmed on Monday ordered authorities to remove all billboards from Karachi immediately.
A three-member bench of headed by CJP issued the order while hearing a case against illegal billboards in the city at Supreme Court’s Karachi registry. Karachi’s commissioner and mayor were present during the hearing.
The top judge also rebuked the officials, saying there is no law in Sindh. He also expressed his anger over the poor performance of the Sindh departments.
The CJP said that the provincial departments have damaged the look of the port city.
The strong remarks by the top court came days after two people were injured after a giant billboard came loose and fell on two motorcyclist on a main road.
- PM Imran announces funeral grant for overseas Pakistanis08:46 PM | 6 May, 2021
- First pictures of prime suspect in British woman's murder in Pakistan ...07:54 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Father declares Haniya Khan ‘mentally unstable’ after she creates ...07:12 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PCB, NCOC decide on venue of PSL 2021’s remaining matches today06:48 PM | 6 May, 2021
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern plans summer wedding03:45 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle to COVID-1903:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi reveals ex-husband Shamoon Abbasi is also her ...04:32 PM | 6 May, 2021