Remove all billboards from Karachi immediately, orders CJP Gulzar
KARACHI – Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmed on Monday ordered authorities to remove all billboards from Karachi immediately.
A three-member bench of headed by CJP issued the order while hearing a case against illegal billboards in the city at Supreme Court’s Karachi registry. Karachi’s commissioner and mayor were present during the hearing.
The top judge also rebuked the officials, saying there is no law in Sindh. He also expressed his anger over the poor performance of the Sindh departments.
The CJP said that the provincial departments have damaged the look of the port city.
The strong remarks by the top court came days after two people were injured after a giant billboard came loose and fell on two motorcyclist on a main road.
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020