SC halts anti-encroachment operation in Lahore's Miani Sahib graveyard
A three-judge bench headed by Justice Maqbool Baqar heard the plea moved by the aggrieved family known as "Faqeer family".
The court observed that the land was in possession of Faqeer family from centuries and no one earlier ownership of the land till to date.
The senior lawyer, Hamid Khan counsel for the aggrieved party apprised the bench that it was an inherited land which transferred to faqeer family from their elders.
He added that LDA demolished boundary wall of a private graveyard, violating rules and regulations.
To this, Justice Manzoor Ahmad Malik asked about the date when the land was allotted to the Faqeer family.
Responding to the bench's query, Mr Hamid informed that land was not allotted to his client as it was inherited and showed a trust deed signed in 1848 in this regard.
The bench observed that the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) demolished graveyard's boundary wall without prior notice to the concerned party.
Subsequently, the bench issued notices to the Miani Sahib graveyard Committee Lahore and LDA to appear before the bench and present their point of view.
The bench also halted the operation in Miani Sahib till further order and adjourned further hearing of the case to date in office.
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh and Oman lock horns in must-win game today12:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran, President Alvi extend felicitations to Muslims on Eid ...11:57 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: Mobile phone services partially suspended in parts ...11:33 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Defamation suit: ARY UK apologises to Ishaq Dar over ‘fabricated’ ...11:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Iran invites Pakistan to multilateral conference on Afghanistan10:36 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021